Dr Julia Atkin is an independentÂ education and learning consultant who has worked withÂ educators in Australia and internationally.Â For over twenty years she has focused their reflection and dialogue around two key questions:Â What is powerful learning? and, What is powerful to learn?Â Julia is passionate about developing educational services that:
- nurture the human spirit of individuals and the organisation
- are personalised and customised
- help the learner learn to think and learn to learn
- integrate the best of learning technology with information and communication technologies
- are collaborative
- result inÂ learning that has deep personal meaning and is transferable from one context to another.
Juliaâ€™s work is characterised by an innovative approach that bridges the gap between theory and practice.Â She has received a number of prestigious awards in recognition of her work.Â In 2000-2004 she was named a Distinguished Educator by Apple Computers Australia.Â In October 2003, The Bulletin named Julia as one of Australia’s Smart 100 – a list of one hundred people, ten in ten fields, making a difference to Australian society through innovation.Â Â In 2000 Julia was made a Fellow of the Australian College of Educators and awarded the Sir Harold Wyndham Medal 2000 in recognition of her contributionÂ to the learning of teachers and the children of Australia.